Canada Day ConcertThis year’s Port of Vancouver Canada Day celebrations in Vancouver will be all about flashbacks to Expo 86, as Canada Place, built for Expo, turns 30 years old – and it’s all free.
The Canada Day concert will include Aaron Pritchett, Barney Bentall, Mo Kenney, Bear Mountain, Rococode, Twin Kennedy and Willa.
Other highlights will include a family-friendly licensed area, food carts, street hockey, and the traditional citizenship ceremony welcoming 60 new Canadians.
- Where: Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza, and surrounding streets
- When: 10 am to 6 pm
Canada Day Parade
|Image: Canada Day Parade (Canada Place)|
- Where: Starts at the corner of Georgia and Broughton Streets, runs eastbound along Georgia, proceeding north down Burrard Street and ending at West Pender
- When: 7 pm
Canada Day FireworksThe city’s only two-barge, simultaneous fireworks show is set to light up the night sky in celebration of our nation’s birthday.
- Where: Coal Harbour and Dundarave in West Vancouver
- When: 10:30 pm
Canada Day Jamboree (TO BE CONFIRMED)If you’re looking to inject a little action into your Canada Day, head down to Strathcona Park for the free Canada Day Jamboree. There’s usually DJ sets and tons of great food and drink.
- Where: Strathcona Park – 857 Malkin Avenue, Vancouver
- When: Noon to dusk
Canada Day on Granville IslandWhat starts with a colourful parade and ceremony soon becomes a cacophony of fun. This year’s attractions include a lively bazaar with music, dance and food, jazz concerts, large-scale woodcut printing using a steamroller as a press, and a cookout at The Lobster Man.
- Where: All over Granville Island
- When: All day long
Canadiano!More Canadian than maple syrup, Instant Theatre presents Canadiano!, the next great Canadian play. Based on your suggestions, Canadiano! will bust through the stereotypes to serve up a sweet slice of real Canadian life; hilarious, heart-felt, and touching.
- Where: Havana Theatre – 1212 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
- When: 10:30 pm
- Tickets: On Eventbrite, priced $8
The Ultimate Canada Day & Night Boat PartyWhether you want to get a perfect tan on the day boat or dance under the stars on the night boat, this is your chance to celebrate Canada Day with a massive boat party, alongside 1,000 other (half naked) Canadians, who are clubbing their faces off to the sounds of 24 DJS.
- Where: Plaza of Nations – 750 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
- When: “Sunny Ways” day boat boards at noon, docks at 5 pm; “Fireworks” night boat boards at 7 pm, docks at midnight
- Tickets: fullhouseevents.ca, price not yet advertised
Canada Day Party with NesslyJoin Atlanta rapper Nessly, Cherchez La Femme, Shy Daughter, RHEK, and AKA Paradise DJs Christian Flores, Zach City & andishae at the Canada Day Jamboree After Party. Expect “drums that literally sound like theres a horse galloping on the track.”
- Where: Republic – 958 Granville Street, Vancouver
- When: 10 pm to 3 am
- Tickets: On TicketZone, priced $10 in advance plus fees
For a further reading on the events in North shore, Richmond, New Westminster, and Surrey, go to the link below:
17 Canada Day Vancouver 2016 events to show off your red and white
by via Daily Hive
Take lots and lots photos of you in red and white celebrating Canada Day, and print your photos at VancouverOnCanvas.com!
We carry a variety of print papers including fine art papers, photographic papers, and coated papers. The price calculator for different type of papers and print sizes is available on our website. vancouveroncanvas.com/include/fineart_prints.php
Upload your photos on our website for the following products and services!
- Canvas Prints/Frames
- Framed Prints
- Fine Art Prints & Mounting
- Block/Plaque Mounts
- Plexi FaceMount
- Greeting Cards
- Handmade Oil Paintings