Friday, October 8, 2010

I take the batton

After a more or less hectic first two weeks at KeenArt Media, I finally have time to sit down and write my first blog post! I'm happy to be here.

I'd have to say that what I enjoy most about this job so far is getting the chance to see all the great work people send in. Cute babies, lovely wedding dresses, great photography and two-dimensional art, what is not to like?  I think I like the old photographs best, I like the texture of the film grain, and the feeling of looking into the past you get from an image recorded 40 or 50 years ago. There has been a lot to learn as well, and a lot I still don't know, but I am defiantly more knowledgeable than I was last week this time!

It is Friday today, and if you need something to do, Tonight is Chris Brown's opening at the Fall Gallery (644 Seymour St)  at 8:00 pm:
 
"Chris Brown is an emerging painter from Surrey BC.
His work consists of mostly black and white paintings with selective, very intentional use of colour. His work discusses themes of life and death and provides a perspective for the viewer which is often uneasy and awkward. This creates high emotive content and is illustrated with labored intensity."

quoted from the facebook event, and here is one of his pieces!

well, that is enough for today, but stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment