Looking for a frame that is lightweight, versatile, and easy to assemble or store away? A frame style that is sleek, posh and sophisticated? Look no further, we have got you covered!
|Our newest additions of colored metal frames.|
Metal frames have been around for a while. They were originally made by a framer named Donald Hubert after a museum conference in 1967. Their purpose was to be sturdy, lightweight and easy to dismantle so that artworks from the Art Institute of Chicago could be loaned out to other institutions and exhibitions. Nowadays, they can be found in virtually any space, but especially in those where the artwork needs constant changing - offices, retail spaces, museums.
|New metal frames in traditional colors.|
Traditionally metal frames could only be made in either silver or black, polished or brushed. However, Nielsen's new line of metal frames showcase a brand new array of profiles, colors, and finishes. We now carry metal frames in green, blue and red, and even a very convincing wood finish!
|Look at this awesome convincingly good wood finish!|
|3/8" Contrast Grey|
|7/8" German Silver|
|3/8" Frosted Gold|
|7/16" Antique Gold|
|7/8 Florentine Walnut|
|7/8 Florentine Gold|
|7/16 Frosted Walnut|
These new gold ones are my absolute favorite. The chrome undertone makes for a very modern and sophisticated touch- reminds me of champagne.
What are some benefits of a metal frame?
- Affordable: Aluminum mouldings tend to be less expensive than wood, and are also lighter to transport. Since they are easy to assemble upon arrival, they can be packaged and shipped in lengths.
- Easy to assemble: To put a metal frame together, the only equipment needed is screwdriver, as opposed to wooden frames (which are joined by wood glue, staples, and clamps) and require time for setting.
- Extremely versatile: Modern metal frames come in a wide variety of colours, shapes, profiles and finishes. Lengths of the same metal profile can also be interchanged with one another and combined to create different dimensions as needed.
- Easy to store: When not in use, metal frames can be disassembled and condensed into any slim place.
- Durable: Made with anodized aluminum, metal frames are corrosion and wear-resistant, making it more able to withstand rust and oxidation
- Archival use: Aluminum is an inert material that does not out-gas or contain acids, eliminating the need to seal the rabbet when doing conservation framing
|And screw it in!|
Ready to get started? Head over to our new collection here!
KeenArt Media is an online fine art printing and framing company, specializing in canvas, archival and photographic prints and reproductions. We are proud to serve and support artists from all over the US.
KeenArt Media Ltd. Toll Free: 1-888-533-6278 (KeenART)
Working Hours: Pacific Standard Time
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Thursday
8:30 AM to 4:00 PM Friday